Wednesday, April 8, 2009

my foods for today

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

 

ok lets see for today I had:

breakfast:

08042009462

a mango-banana smoothie made with skim milk.  just a whole banana, a whole mango and skim milk.  I put everything in the blender and then all the milk came pouring out the bottom.. there is a leak.. so then I got out our food processor and made it with that… well… it whipped everything up instead of just blending it like a blender would…  and that is not the texture I wanted… it was almost the consistency of soft ice cream… but I wanted it to be smoothie like…  oh well, maybe next time inshallah.  so now that I know my food processor whips up skim milk like this, I have to think of some desert ideas to make with skim milk so I can have a fake creamy desert.

 

for lunch:

08042009468

a veggie stuffed pepper (or capsicum as some people call it).  I made 11 of these the night before.  I sauteed onions, zucchini, yellow squash, eggplant and mushrooms that were all cut up into small cubes—well, the mushrooms I just sliced.  I sauteed all of them seperately because with the amount of stuffed peppers I was trying to make, it would have all become one black clump of veggies—not very attractive.  I did this the first time I attempted to make them.  I sauteed everything with a dash of olive oil and some salt and pepper, and this time, some italian seasonings, and a bit of parmesan cheese (just a bit)  after all was sauteed, I put them all together in a pot, along with cooked brown rice.  I had to taste as I went because I had to add more salt since I did not cook the rice with salt.

 

then  you cut the tops of the bell peppers and boil them for about 2-3 minutes each, and remove them to a platter to cool a bit. and when they were cool enough to handle, stuffed them full of the mix I made.  I baked them for about 1 hour in the oven and served with a tomato sauce and a dollop of low-fat sour cream.

it pretty much tastes like ratatouille with rice and bell peppers.  yumm.  and very healthy as well, Alhamdulillah.

 

for dinner I had the Easy Honey Salmon for 2 that I had leftover from yesterday. it was yummylicious just like yesterday. 

 

I was still hungry a little while later so I quickly made a mini roast beef sandwich on a mini whole wheat roll:

09042009475

ha ha ha ha I forgot to take a picture before eating it so there you see my first bit out of it.   and then later on I also at a couple of plums. 

 

I was a tiny bit bad tonight though as I was making a friend of mine some butter-sugar rusk and I ate 4 of them!!  ….ahhh I gotta learn to control myself.. anyhow, the rusk is made with thinly sliced Viennese baguette (its softer than the regular french baguette) brushed with melted butter, and sugar sprinkled on top. then you bake them on a high heat just to slightly toast them, then drop the heat down to 65-70C  for an hour and a half, until they are fully dried.  ohhh yummm… I can eat so many of these… but they are all going to my friend tomorrow and not in my stomach inshallah!

 

04112008288

04112008289

2 comments:

Low Carb Muslimah said...

hum, everything looks yummy, i wanna try that stuffed bell pepper, i am salivating already...

Low Carb Muslimah said...

Oh and yeah, I went to check out that salmon recipes, OMG it is like so easy to make, will try this week-end Incha'Allah if I buy fish!