Monday, April 13, 2009

keeping on track… but waiting is tough!!!

as-salaam aleikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

well, I have been doing GREAT with the eating part of my new health kick here, Mashallah Alhamdulillah. the treadmill walking??? not so good.

I have been waking up late… staying up late and waking up late. I need to change this schedule because I just don’t have motivation to exercise unless I wake up early. I finally woke up early today Alhamdulillah and am going to stick to this schedule inshallah.

I am still waiting for the ChalEAN Extreme package to arrive!!! grrrrr… the tracking provided for it is still only showing “Billing information received” –which means UPS hasn’t even picked up my package for delivery yet!! but then again it is eaaaarrrly Monday morning in the US so hopefully there is an update in the tracking information soon!

the kinds of meals I have been eating these past few days…

for breakfast its usually cereal, like weetabix:

Weetabix1

I usually have two weetabix biscuits with a dash of honey on them and skim milk. I have to eat one biscuit at a time because they disintegrate in the milk really quickly. I hate oatmeal and if I don't eat the weetabix quickly it turns into an oatmeal like consistency. I have a memory of my paternal grandmother making me oatmeal just because I hated it and force-feeding it to me. she made my sisters eggs that day just because they hated eggs and forced them to eat the eggs. honestly, she was crazy and abusive. that memory has traumatized me from ever wanting to even try to see if I can like oatmeal now. anyhow, I dash some honey on a biscuit, put it in a bowl, and pour some milk in and then eat as fast as I can, while its still crunchy. I do the same with the second bicsuit as well. its really good and it does make me feel full for a while.

oh, before I forget, I am also eating fruits--bananas, grapes, plums etc...

or some wholegrain toast with a light spread of camembert, or brie cheese, with sugar-free apricot jam (sweetened with apple juice concentrate:

10042009489

this jam is excellent Mashallah!

for lunches, dinners, or for one of the several meals I am trying to eat a day:

a shredded chicken sandwich with low-fat mayo and mustard(my cat trying to check out what I made):

11042009493

chicken breast,turkey breast or sandwich meat wraps with low fat mayo and mustard:

25032009442

I am also still eating those veggies stuffed peppers I made last week that I froze, and Amy’s frozen meals like:

Amysburrito

amysenchilada

yummmy!!!

I also made this yesterday and today:

12042009494

the recipe is Sesami Tofu Bowl with Peanut Dressing

it is sooo delicous Mashallah! I changed the recipe a bit to make it more healthier for me—I only added a couple dashes of sesame oil to the marinade for the tofu instead of 2 Tbs. for the peanut sauce I only used 2 Tbs of peanut butter instead of the 5Tbs called for in the recipe and it was sooooo yummy Mashallah. actually I cannot imagine wanting to add anymore peanut butter than I did. it was perfect with 2Tbs.

I ate this with brown rice, blanched broccoli, and a salad of purple cabbage, carrots, and tomatos (no dressing, just a dash of the peanut sauce on everything) -- i use the sauce sparingly and there is enough sauce for about 4 servings instead of the 2 the recipe says it serves.

anyhow, it is delicious, healthy, and very filling Mashallah.

2 comments:

Low Carb Muslimah said...

I really like the way you wrapped those wraps, so elegant!

Twizzle said...

as-salaam aleikum,

thanks! if you go to the store next time, look up mountain bread. they are like square shaped tortillas but super duper thin. the wraps just end up looking elegant because of this mountain bread :D

in case you are interested, here is what the packaging looks like:
http://www.mountainbread.com.au/cgi-bin/index.pl?menu_id=49