Friday, May 22, 2009

4 weeks ChaLEAN Extreme completed and week 5 began!

as-salaam aleikum,

well, Alhamdulillah I got through phase 1, or 4 weeks of ChaLEAN Extreme!!  I started with workout 1 of the 5th week and it was tough, but Alhamdulillah I got through it!!

after 4 weeks of ChaLEAN Extreme, I have lost 4.4 kg, or 9.7 lbs!!  but I did start with eating healthy before the workouts and since I have been eating healthy and then with the 4 weeks of working out, I have lost a total of 9kg, or 19.8lbs!!!  Alhamdulillah!!

so now I have 5.2lbs to go to make my first 25lbs weight-loss goal.  inshallah I make it!  while reading around blogs and forums about people doing the ChaLEAN Extreme, I have read that some people do plateau during phase 2, or the 2nd month of the program so I am hoping I don’t plateau and keep losing this month inshallah. I still have a whoooooooole lot of weigh to lose and don’t want to plateau so soon!  small goals at a time inshallah!

in the 2nd phase of the workout it is required to use even heavier weights that will make me fail at between 6-8 reps so for the first squat workout I chose 18kg, or 40lbs and my knees were hurting.  if my knees didn’t hurt I actually could have gone even heavier.  there were 2 other squat workouts in different positions and those did not hurt my knees so I am going to have to do a squat style in place of that first one from now on, inshallah.

anyhow, my eating is still going healthy and delicious, Mashallah!!

here are a couple of things I have photos of…

the first is a grilled chicken breast (using a George Forman grill) in a whole-wheat pita stuffed with alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, tomatoes, and a little bit of Athenos Roasted Eggplant Hummus. 

19052009554

ha ha ha its not the prettiest as I tore a bit of the top off instead of cutting it with a knife to be able to open up the pita… 

 

tonight I had some more calories I needed to get in so I used those crisp breads like the Wasa wholegrain ones and I spread a very light layer of the Athenos Roasted Eggplant Hummus (I am a big fan of it LOL) and then topped with alfalfa sprouts, tomato slices, avocado, and sliced black olives.  then I just sprinkled on some cracked black pepper.

22052009563

I remembered to take a picture right when I was going to eat the last one (I made 5 of them)so there ya go, a nice healthy and delicious crispy sandwich!!

2 comments:

Low Carb Muslimah said...

OMG, i am so glad twizzle, 10 kgs is huge, i you continue at this rate, you will be super skinny in 4 months!

Janny said...

Keep going, MashAllah, your blog really motivates me aswell to excerszie and eat healthily so, i can reach my goal!